1860s

1860s

1860s

1860s

1880s

1880s

1890s

1890s

1903-04

1903-04

1910s

1910s

1920s

1920s

1940s

1940s

1960s

1960s

A century of views and postcards of Cape Cornwall

Sturdily built in stone with a slate roof in the 1800s, the property was originally part of the boiler house of the Cape Cornwall Tin Mine. In 1978 an architect converted the building into a dwelling and our benefactor, Tracy O’Kates, purchased the freehold. It is believed to be the westernmost dwelling on the English mainland.

Brisons Veor was managed on an informal basis for artist residencies from 1978 until 1992, when the property was formally made over to the Trust and registered with the Charity Commission. Since then it has been managed by the appointed Trustees, and has continued to provide year-round affordable residencies for creatives working in all media.

Until 2011, residencies were only available for women, but times have changed and Brisons Veor is now an equal opportunities studio.